Seasonal Production Assistants APPLY NOW
Seasonal Production Assistants needed to help at a growing home fragrance company in the bustling Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Candidates should have strong communication skills, have good attention to detail, be able to proactively and creatively solve problems, and uphold high quality standards. This position will be from September to January, with opportunity to join the team long-term depending on company needs.
Our normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Prospective employees must be authorized to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive culture!
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Preparing wicks, wicking vessels, and setting wicks in preparation for the pouring process
- Pouring candles by hand and using equipment; maintaining production pace as directed
- Efficiently labeling and cleaning candles by hand and using equipment; with aesthetic care and maintaining product integrity
- Keeping stock organized and easily accessible for shipping
- Keeping supplies (labels, boxes, etc.) organized and maintaining a clean workspace
- Contributing to cleaning and organizing common areas
- Receiving freight shipments of supplies from our building's loading dock; safely using a pallet jack to maneuver freight shipments
- Assisting with packing, shipping, and receiving as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- No minimum education is required; a bachelor's degree may be an indicator of capacity for this position
- 1+ years in a production preferred or other similar physically demanding, fast-paced, and detail-oriented role
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player but also able to work just as well independently
- Brooklyn Candle Studio is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, national origin, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, or anyone who identifies with a marginalized identity to apply.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace: Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, Google Calendar
- Strong work ethic, with a keen sense of urgency and ability to work under tight deadlines; reliable and highly motivated to get the job done
- Be willing to adapt to changes in the daily workflow. There are many moving parts and sometimes things don’t always go according to plan!
- Proactive with excellent follow-through and able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Able to stand on feet 8+ hours a day
- Able to frequently lift 50+ pounds, sometimes overhead.
- Able to frequently kneel, bend, and squat.
- Able to occasionally push/pull + carry heavy objects, climb ladders, and reach.
- Able to climb a ladder and lift overhead.
- Vision: Able to read data and a computer screen
- Hearing: Hearing required to hear co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Sense of Smell: Ability to smell is necessary for quality checking
- Equipment Operation: use of pallet jack (no prior experience required)
MENTAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS:
- Comprehension: Understand and retain directions
- Reading/Writing: Excellent reading/ writing skills
- Speaking: Communicate effectively with co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Decision Making: Use advanced problem-solving techniques
- Attention to Task/Detail: Critical thinking skills, organize tasks and set priorities, multi-tasking, perform and /or direct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interaction with Others: Able to interact with others in a positive and friendly manner
- Warehouse environment
- Climate: Controlled
- Previous manufacturing/production experience
- Bilingual, but not required
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx, USPS practices
- Previous experience using a pallet jack and/or packing large pallet orders
- Proficient with Google Drive
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Openness to learning new skills across departments
COVID-19: All potential and current employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Offer letter is contingent on proof of vaccination.