DTC Shipping Team Member APPLY NOW
We are seeking a full-time Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Shipping Team Member to assist with daily shipping operations at a growing candle company in the bustling Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The position is open for immediate hire. Our normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Prospective employees must be authorized to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive culture!
ABOUT US: Brooklyn Candle Studio is an independent home fragrance design and manufacturing studio based out of Brooklyn, New York. Our small team handcrafts our core line of products, which includes candles, room sprays, and reed diffusers. We always use the highest quality of ingredients. Our dreamy scents are inspired by nature and travel, and our aesthetic is minimalist yet impeccably chic. Our products are produced by our small team in our studio space in Industry City - a hub of makers, designers, artists, and small businesses. We pride ourselves on providing full time employees with a comfortable living wage, subsidized healthcare benefits, paid time off, and a safe, progressive working environment.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Pulling, packing and shipping direct-to-consumer e-commerce orders
- Printing packing slips and labels using Shopify and Shipstation
- Assembling shipping mailers and gift sets
- Performing daily product inventory
- Keeping supplies organized and maintaining a clean workspace
- Keeping stock organized and accessible
- Contributing to cleaning and organizing common areas
- Receiving freight shipments of supplies from our building's loading dock; safely using a pallet jack to maneuver freight shipments
- Loading pallets of packages onto outgoing trucks
- Assisting with other departments as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- No minimum education is required; a bachelor's degree may be an indicator of capacity for this position
- 1+ years in preferred or other similar physically demanding, fast-paced, and detail-oriented role
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player but also able to work just as well independently
- Brooklyn Candle Studio is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, national origin, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, or anyone who identifies with a marginalized identity to apply.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace: Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, Google Calendar
- Strong work ethic, with a keen sense of urgency and ability to work under tight deadlines; reliable and highly motivated to get the job done
- Be willing to adapt to changes in the daily workflow. There are many moving parts and sometimes things don’t always go according to plan!
- Proactive with excellent follow-through and able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Able to stand on feet 8+ hours a day
- Able to frequently lift 50+ pounds, sometimes overhead.
- Able to frequently kneel, bend, and squat.
- Able to occasionally push/pull + carry heavy objects, climb ladders, and reach.
- Able to climb a ladder and lift overhead.
- Vision: Able to read data and a computer screen
- Hearing: Hearing required to hear co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Sense of Smell: Ability to smell is necessary for quality checking
- Equipment Operation: use of pallet jack (prior experience preferred but not mandatory)
MENTAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS:
- Comprehension: Understand and retain directions
- Reading/Writing: Excellent reading/ writing skills
- Speaking: Communicate effectively with co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Decision Making: Use advanced problem-solving techniques
- Attention to Task/Detail: Critical thinking skills, organize tasks and set priorities, multi-tasking, perform and /or direct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interaction with Others: Able to interact with others in a positive and friendly manner
- Warehouse environment
- Climate: Not temperature controlled currently, but we are working on changing this soon!
- Previous ecommerce/shipping/warehouse experience
- Familiarity with Shopify and Shipstation
- Bilingual, but not required
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx, USPS practices
- Previous experience using a pallet jack and/or packing large pallet orders
- Proficient with Google Drive
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Openness to learning new skills across departments
COVID-19: All potential and current employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Offer letter is contingent on proof of vaccination.