Shipping Team Member (Seasonal - DTC) APPLY NOW
We are seeking full-time Seasonal Shipping Assistants to help in the Direct-to-Consumer Department. Seasonal positions may have the option to become permanent in the future, depending on our company needs and mutual interest in extending the position. Our normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm; preferred schedules will be coordinated on an individual basis and dependent on hiring needs. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, be able to proactively and creatively solve problems, and uphold high quality standards.
Brooklyn Candle Studio is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, national origin, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, or anyone from a historically underrepresented community to apply.
Prospective employees must be authorized to work in the United States. All potential and current employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Offer letter is contingent on proof of vaccination.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Pulling, packing and shipping direct-to-consumer e-commerce orders
- Printing packing slips and labels using Shopify and ShipStation
- Assembling shipping mailers and gift sets
- Performing daily product inventory
- Keeping supplies organized and maintaining a clean workspace
- Keeping stock organized and accessible
- Contributing to cleaning and organizing common areas
- Receiving freight shipments of supplies from our building's loading dock; safely using a pallet jack to maneuver freight shipments
- Loading pallets of packages onto outgoing trucks
- Assisting with other departments as needed (labeling candles, boxing candles, wicking, etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse environment, temperature controlled
- Able to stand on feet 8+ hours a day
- Able to regularly lift 50+ pounds, sometimes overhead
- Able to regularly kneel, bend, and squat
- Able to regularly climb a ladder and lift overhead
- Able to regularly push, pull, and carry heavy objects
- Vision: Able to read data and a computer screen
- Hearing: Able to hear co-workers, delivery drivers, and workplace visitors
- Sense of Smell: Ability to smell is necessary for quality checking
- Equipment Operation: use of pallet jack, air compressors, and production machinery (no prior experience required)
MENTAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Comprehension: Understand and retain directions
- Reading/Writing: Excellent reading/writing skills
- Speaking: Communicate effectively with co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Decision Making: Use advanced problem-solving techniques and possess strong critical thinking skills
- Attention to Task/Detail: Laser-sharp attention to detail, ability to stay organized, and multi-task
Interaction with Others: Able to interact with others in a positive and friendly manner
DESIRED TRAITS & QUALITIES:
- No minimum education is required; a bachelor's degree may be an indicator of capacity for this position
- 1+ years in a production or warehouse work preferred, or other similar physically demanding, fast-paced, and detail-oriented role
- Ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player but also able to work just as well independently
- Ability to comfortably and effectively supervise others, take direction, and delegate tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Slack
- Comfortable with basic math skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- A no-job-is-too-small attitude
- Willingness to adapt to changes in the daily workflow
- Previous manufacturing/production experience
- Bilingual, but not required
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx, USPS practices
- Knowedge of Shopify and ShipStation
- Previous experience using a pallet jack and/or packing large pallet orders
- Openness to learning new skills across departments
TO APPLY: Please include a resume and brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position and any relevant work experience. Due to a high volume of applications, only complete applications will be considered.
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- The hiring team will review applications on a rolling basis. Candidates we are interested in moving forward with will receive an email inviting them to schedule an initial video interview. The initial interviews are conducted via GoogleMeet and take about 30 minutes.
- Following the video interview, we offer in-person trial shifts to candidates we think may be a good fit for the position. The trial shift is paid at our starting hourly rate of $18/hr and is scheduled for 4 hours. The trial shift is meant to give candidates an opportunity to see our space, meet the team, and get a feel for what an average day in the role would look like.
- After the trial shift, the hiring team will follow up within two weeks with our hiring decision.