Post Production Manager APPLY NOW
We are seeking a full-time Post-Production Manager to oversee the Post-Production Department at a growing home fragrance company in the bustling Industry City in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The position is open for immediate hire and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Our normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Prospective employees must be authorized to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive culture!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the Post-Production Department:
- Directly lead, manage and engage with Post-Production Assistants and Team Members
- Provide performance feedback and bi-annual reviews
- Create daily task lists and goals for Post-Production team
- Check in periodically with team to ensure work is being completed efficiently while meeting high quality standards
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure smooth workflow between departments
- Work with Senior Production Manager to staff and organize team, creating and posting jobs as necessary and leading hiring decisions within department, assist with onboarding new department team members
- Work with Senior Production Manager and Post-Production Lead to address departmental issues and workflow inefficiencies
- Maintain detailed knowledge of pouring schedule and general production happenings
- Collect and input data for daily departmental output
- Report raw materials inventory weekly
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of departmental machinery and equipment; replace and report, as necessary
- Ensure stock is organized and accessible for Shipping Department
- Create and implement QA procedure to ensure candles are meeting rigorous quality standards
- Create SOP documents and training protocol for the Post-Production Department, as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- No minimum education is required; a bachelor's degree may be an indicator of capacity for this position
- 2+ years in a production preferred or other similar physically demanding, fast-paced, and detail-oriented role
- Ability to understand overall operation and delegate tasks accordingly
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player but also able to work just as well independently
- Brooklyn Candle Studio is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, national origin, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, or anyone who identifies with a marginalized identity to apply.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Self-starter and creative problem solver
- Willingness to report bad news, safety issues, and other concerns at all times, with an eye toward offering solutions
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A love of working with people and a passion for operations
- Engaged in team dynamics and optimal operations performance
- Demonstrates adaptability and engagement
- A no-job-too-small attitude
- Ability to both comfortably and effectively supervise others, take direction, and delegate tasks
- Proficient in Google Drive (Sheets, Docs, Gmail) and Slack
- Comfortable with basic math skills
- Able to stand on feet 8+ hours a day
- Able to frequently lift 50+ pounds, sometimes overhead.
- Able to frequently kneel, bend, and squat.
- Able to occasionally push/pull + carry heavy objects, climb ladders, and reach.
- Able to climb a ladder and lift overhead.
- Vision: Able to read data and a computer screen
- Hearing: Hearing required to hear co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Sense of Smell: Ability to smell is necessary for quality checking
- Equipment Operation: use of pallet jack (no prior experience required)
MENTAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS:
- Comprehension: Understand and retain directions
- Reading/Writing: Excellent reading/ writing skills
- Speaking: Communicate effectively with co-workers, delivery drivers, and other workplace visitors
- Decision Making: Use advanced problem-solving techniques
- Attention to Task/Detail: Critical thinking skills, organize tasks and set priorities, multi-tasking, perform and /or direct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interaction with Others: Able to interact with others in a positive and friendly manner
- Warehouse environment
- Climate: Not temperature controlled currently, but we are working on changing this soon!
- Previous manufacturing/production experience
- Bilingual, but not required
- Knowledge of UPS, FedEx, USPS practices
- Previous experience using a pallet jack and/or packing large pallet orders
- Proficient with Google Drive
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Openness to learning new skills across departments
COVID-19: All potential and current employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Offer letter is contingent on proof of vaccination.
Benefits include: subsidized health, vision, dental, life, and disablity insurance, generous PTO and paid holidays, employee discount, Summer Fridays, free weekly lunch, and more!|||Brooklyn, NY|||||||||AxQvz~KGPvrBTkbd|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||22|||||||||true